It’s all that remains of a vineyard that Nikolaus and Christina Ebert planted on this spot in the 1860′s
His house was about 100 metres north of these vines, on what is now Ebert Parade.
Nikolaus, Christina and other members of the family are buried just up the road in Lawnton Cemetery alongside some of the other pioneers of the area.
The vineyards were ripped up before the railway line to Petrie and Gympie was laid. This vine re-grew and is a beautiful example of how the echoes from a bygone era may still be heard today.